Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year
from EWAAC / GEIKYO - Artbridge
For new or renewed members who apply in
Christmas and by 31st December 2016.
to see past
Air in Kyoto
This photo was taken by Laurence ( last AIR resident)
Three Great Bonus !! If you apply or renew your Membership by 31 December 2016 you can apply for 1) AIR and EWAEE in Kyoto 2017, 2) EWAAC 2017 in London and 3) AIR and EWAEE in Kyoto 2018 for free up to three entries. After 1st January 2017, you must pay 50% for Kyoto entry fees.
1) AIR in Kyoto 2017 and EWAEE in Kyoto 2017
AIR (Artist in Residence) in Kyoto 2017
Members can apply for Artist in Residence (AIR) in Kyoto 2017 except Japanese who can apply for AIR in UK in summer. instead. Because we do not have much time before the AIR in Kyoto, there are following conditions to apply.
- You must apply by 20 January 2017. then we will announce 3 residents for AIR and 25-30 exhibitors for EWAEE in Kyoto on 25th January.
- The selected 3 residents must prepare in the next two months and buy return air ticket.
- 3 selected residents can stay at comfortable house in Kyoto to share ( see photos). There are 2 x single room on ground floor and 1 x double Futon room on 1st floor. So if you wish to take your partner to Japan you can stay at the double Futon room. To stay at this house is free ( the partner for the double Futon room must to pay). Normally, the residency is for two weeks but unfortunately we can only ten days to stay at this house this year. Then you can go to Tokyo for 5 days and you can stay at our house in Tokyo at very cheap rent.
- Timetabe for AIR in Kyoto 2017 is
March 25 (Sat)... Arrive in Kyoto and check in.
March 26 (Sun)... Welcome party (4-6pm)
March 26-31 ....Visit around Kyoto, Nara
April 1 (Sat) ... Bring works to the gallery. Our staff will prepare the exhibition.
April 2 (Sun) ...EWAEE open. Artists exchange party (4-6 pm)
April 4 (Tue) ...Residents check out in Kyoto. Option to go home, stay in Kyoto or go to Tokyo.
If go to Tokyo...Move to Tokyo on 4 April by Bullet train. Check in at our house in Tokyo.
April 6 (Thu) ...EWAEE in Kyoto close. Works of residents to be sent to airport in Tokyo.
April 4 - 8 ...Visit around in Tokyo
April 8 or 9 ...Collect your work at airport.
April 9 (Sun) ...Leave Tokyo and go back to your country.
- Approximate costs ...Return air ticket from UK to Osaka (Kyoto) will be £600 - £700. 10 days
accommodation in Kyoto is free for 3 residents (extra person in double Futon room will be charged). A small 10 days utility and cleaning fee for Kyoto accommodation maybe charged. Exhibition fee at EWAEE in Kyoto is free for 3 residents. Please bring 2-3 works with you when travel to Kyoto. If you wish to go to Tokyo from 4th April, Bullet train from Kyoto to Tokyo will be £85. Accommodation in Tokyo will be £28 per day / person ( to be confirmed).
- Application deadline is 20 January 2017 but this Special Offer will be closed on 31 December 2016.
Accommodation for AIR in Kyoto 2017
(one house for only our 3 (or 4) residents to share)
EWAEE in Kyoto 2017
All Members (any nationality including Japanese) can apply for this friendly EWAEE (East-West Artists Exchange Exhibition) in Kyoto which will be held at beautiful Japanese style art gallery in Kyoto from
April 2 - 6th 2017 . Because we do not have much time before the exhibition starts, there are following conditions to apply.
- You must apply by 20 January 2017. then we will announce around 25-30 exhibitors for EWAEE in Kyoto on 25th January. Then you have to send or deliver the selected works before 1st April 2017.
- New members can enter up to three works free. Last year's member can also enter 3 works free.
- This is not a competition so only our available judges will select suitable exhibits in this occasion.
- Entry is very easy and just send images and details of your works with application form by email. and if you are selected then you must send or deliver the work to specified address in Japan.
- There is a size limitation for foreign artists to send. Maximum size of a box (width + height + depth = within 160 cm for 2D, photos and 90 cm for 3D works. You can apply old works if not won any prize.
- This is a friendly artists exchange exhibition so no prizes but all members can apply up to three works free and no need to pay the exhibition fee if you are selected. You are of course welcomed to come to Kyoto to attend the artists exchange party which will be held on 2nd April.
- If you are not selected in this occasion you can still apply for EWAAC Kyoto 2018 as we will start to receive entry soon in order to give enough time for all selected residents and finalists to prepare to visit Kyoto and the next one for 2018 is an official competition and have judges and prizes.
- Timetable for the EWAEE in Kyoto is ...
December 2016 - January 20th 2017... Call for entries for EWAEE 2017 in Kyoto.
Now - 31 December 2016 .. Special offer for new and renewed members.
January 20 ....Entry close and start selection.
January 25 ... Announcement of 25 - 30 exhibitors for EWAEE in Kyoto 2017.
April 1 (Sat)...Bring or deliver your selected works to the gallery in Kyoto and our staff prepare.
Artists in Japan can deliver works to the gallery by Yamato's 'Takyubin'.
April 2 (Sun) ...EWAEE open. Artists exchange party (4-6 pm)
April 6 (Thu) ...EWAEE in Kyoto close at 3:00 pm and clear all exhibits.
The gallery for EWAEE in Kyoto 2017 and 2018
Japanese style beautiful gallery in Kyoto
Friendly staff of the gallery
We use Ground and 1st floor.
Ground foor exhibition space
1st floor exhibition space
Japanese room for small exhibits
2) The 8th EWAAC London 2017
Members and non-members can apply for this popular annual art competition.
- New members can enter up to three works free for this competition.
- Last year's member has to renew in order to enter this competition free (three works).
- Details will be announced shortly but brief information is...
- March 15 - June 30, 2016 ...Call for entries for EWAAC 2017 London.
June 30 .. Entry closed
July 20 - August 20 ....Online selection by our judges
September 1... Announcement of finalists
October 24 - 28...Finalists' exhibition at La Galleria, London.
October 24 ...Opening Party
October 26 ...Award Ceremony for all winners.
3) The EWAAC Kyoto 2018 (combined with selection for AIR in Kyoto 2018)
Becsause foreign artists who will be selected for AIR in Kyoto or exhibitor for EWAEE in Kyoto, they need time to prepare such as get permission for long holiday from their employers or purchase discount return air ticket or not to make plan, commitment in this periods etc so we will call and select artists early which will enable them to make their plan in good time. So if you take membership by our Special Offer before 31 December2016, you can apply for two Kyoto events with one application.
Details will be announced shortly but brief information for EWAAC Kyoto 2018 is...
December 2016 - March 10, 2017...Call for entries for EWAAC 2018 Kyoto.
March 10 .. Entry closed
March 25 - April 25 ....Online selection by our judges
May 15... Announcement of selection results for AIR and EWAEE in Kyoto 2018.
Details of Dates etc for AIR and EWAEE in KYOTO 2018 will be announced shortly but it will be similar time every year (AIR will be March 25 - April 8 and EWAEE will be April 1 - 6, 2018).
If you are interested in our Special Christmas Offer above please apply membership which is
cheaper and be able to enjoy many more benefits rather than apply for each event as a non-member. Please see benefits of our membership:
Defferences between Special Christmas Offer and normal application is ... Because we will not have enough time to select AIR and EWAEE in kyoto 2017, we will only accept application from below for evnts in Kyto 2017.
- New members who applied by 31 December 2016 can enter three works free and they can submit a form and images before 20 January 2017.
- Current Premium members can also enter EWAEE in Kyoto 2017 up to three works free and AIR in Kyoto 2017 because current Premuim membership will expire on 28 February 2017. You can renew now in order to get benefits for EWAAC London 2017 and Kyoto 2018 and other events.
- All new members who apply after 1st January 2017, they can enjoy all member's benefits except application for AIR and EWAEE in Kyoto 2017 as we will have long new year's holoday and cannot set up new membership. So they have to pay as non-member's fee for Kyoto 2017.
- You do not have to become a member and just apply for each event as a non-member. Also only members can apply for Artist in Residence in Kyoto.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click button below to download application form
Application Form for Special Offer
Apply by 31 December 2016
AIR and EWAEE in Kyoto 2017 Application Form
Submit before 20 Januasry 2017